Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are currently hiring for Intersection Safety Devices (ISD) Technicians within the Special Traffic Enforcement Unit (STEU) within Calgary Police.
The Intersection Safety Device (ISD) Technicians are Peace Officers that work within the Specialized Traffic Enforcement Unit of Calgary Police Service. ISD technicians are involved in building/installing the intersection safety devices/cameras, conducting onsite inspections, monthly validations at each site throughout the city in all environmental conditions and preparation of court documents. The Inspector in charge of the Traffic section or his designate may also assign other tasks.
The work schedule for the successful applicant is Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday from 0530 – 1530 hours.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Must provide proof of the successful completion of a minimum of High School or equivalent
- Advanced computer skills most notably Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are essential
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Successfully complete a CPS enhanced security clearance background check
- Personable team player with a proven ability to operate independently in a wide variety of dynamic and challenging situations
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to make informed decisions without unnecessary delay
- Class Five Driver’s License (no GDL) and a clean drivers abstract
- First Aid/CPR
- Must be fully vaccinated
Applicants must submit a cover letter, proof of High school, and a resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.