Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
As part of our expanding Workforce, we are currently seeking both casual and full-time guards for one of our clients.
Act as a Security Guard to ensure the safety and security of premises, clients and control access to site, while providing excellent customer service 24/7. This position involves various shifts, mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
- Patrol assigned areas on foot to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
- Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment
- Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
- Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
- Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
- Completion of Grade 12
- Must hold valid Alberta Security Services License
- Must have strong oral/written English fluency
- Emergency First Aid
- Must be able to adjust job priorities
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service skills
- Former RCMP/Military Canadian Experience is considered a strong asset
- Must be fully vaccinated
The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.