Reporting to the Site Supervisor/Assistant Site Supervisor, Monitoring Officers are responsible for using the site camera and alarm systems to detect undesired activity at or near site property and to respond quickly and effectively. They work in an office environment for our client and interact directly with computer systems which control the client's security apparatus. When an incident is detected they will be responsible for communicating with emergency services, Security and other internal partners to ensure that needed information is communicated.
The successful applicant will be doing shift coverage for vacations, leaves, sick days and other needs. The schedules may vary but are usually on 2-2-3 shift rotations. Ability to cover day and night shifts is considered a strong asset. Many of the regular schedules are the following hours:
- Sat-Mon 0000-0800 (so this is really Friday Night to Sunday Night)
- Sat-Sun 0000-0800 (so this is really Friday and Saturday Night)
- Fri-Sun 1600-0000
- Sat 1600-0000
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Must possess an Alberta Security Guard License
- Advanced computer skills most notably Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are essential
- Personable team player with a proven ability to operate independently in a wide variety of dynamic and challenging situations
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management, priority setting and customer service skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to make informed decisions without unnecessary delay
- Current Standard First Aid
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role (strong asset)
- Experience in a security control center monitoring video and alarm systems (strong asset)
- Ability to meet critical infrastructure clearance requirements
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements and indicate which shifts you would be interested in filling.
We thank you for your interest but only applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified.