Position: Relief Staff Scheduler (Resource Specialist)
Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s best employers in 2020, Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all-` the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
As a result of new clients and other growth, Commissionaires - Southern AB is bolstering the capacities of our scheduling and workforce management team.
We are endeavoring to add to our specialized team of portfolio Resource Specialists by adding relief positions who will assist with areas such as special projects, temporary contracts, and vacation/illness relief.
The Resource Specialist plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Division in regards to hourly staff planning, scheduling, deployment, time and attendance, incident reporting and communications. The RS functions are essential to successful service delivery to the Divisions’ customers and staff.
We offer paid training, industry leading pay and benefits and as well as opportunities for cross-training and career advancement. This position has the potential to become full-time and applicants must be able to work a dynamic schedule of days, nights, and weekends.
- Efficiently and accurately coordinate the scheduling and deployment of security guards, mobile drivers and other Divisional resources.
- Act as a point of escalation, communication hub and reporting mechanism for all incidents affecting the Division’s operations.
- Maximize the efficient scheduling and deployment of labor across all contracts in accordance with provincial labor laws and company policies.
- Provide superior customer care and service support to both internal and external customers
Duties and Tasks
- Professional and friendly, you promptly answer incoming calls and action requests from our clients and our staff. In doing so, you build relationships and learn detailed knowledge of each client and their preferences.
- Through regular scheduling and deployment adjustments, gaining a detailed understanding of client needs and staff capabilities. This includes knowing which resources should be assigned to which tier and understanding the skills and knowledge of each guard to allocate workload effectively.
- A quick learner, you are able to efficiently navigate through our scheduling system, to create, maintain, and consistently fill work schedules.
- Understanding of our Service Agreements (SA’s), you stay on top of reviewing our workforce management tools to help maintain consistent scheduling coverage in response to long term and short term requests for service.
- A reliable team member, you provide open and honest communication with your team and manager to ensure team needs are being balanced with Client priorities.
- Plan, manage and troubleshoot all scheduling activity for their assigned portfolio of hours for both permanent and ad-hoc guard service requests.
- Actively manage shift fulfillment and other plotting activities to ensure fulfillment with qualified staff.
- Manage within Divisional targets for cost control in areas such as planned and unplanned overtime and other non-billable hours.
- Monitor and action all scheduling-related requests such as time off requests, leave of absences, and all other forms of leave while ensuring suitable replacement coverage.
- Work closely with Payroll and Billing team to ensure the timely and accurate processing of staff payroll and client invoicing.
- Work with Regional Managers, Client Service Managers, Field and Site Supervisors and other staff to ensure a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction.
Who You Are:
- Highly adaptable, you are able to remain professional and polite with clients and team members in stressful or urgent situations.
- Working in a fast-paced environment, you are a highly organized individual that strives to exceed client expectations.
- Your abilities to organize, listen, prioritize and manage time will be second only to your exceptional personality and sense of care.
- Your resourcefulness, intermediate computer knowledge and customer service experience will be the foundation for your success in this role.
- A minimum of two years (2) in related customer service experience or administrative experience is preferred.
- A minimum 1 years’ experience in an operations or call center environment.
- Experience with labor planning, scheduling, dispatch and communications. (Strong Asset)
Education & Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma, preferably post-secondary education (college or university).
- Thorough knowledge of provincial employment standards around hours of work and overtime.
- Previous security industry experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with advanced data entry experience.
- Previous experience with a time and attendance management tool.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shift lengths and schedule rotations including evening, overnight and weekend work.
- Rotational shift work.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included, which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been found. Please apply through Indeed.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected