Commissionaires Kingston & Region Division is one of the largest security providers in the region, servicing; Commercial, Educational and Medical Facilities, Municipalities, Provincial and Federal Government Institutions. Our Regional Office is located in Kingston providing services in the area of; Clarington, Port Hope, Cobourg, Trenton, Picton, Kingston, Brockville, Cornwall, Alexandria, Smiths falls, Perth, Madoc, Peterborough and Lindsay.
- Conducting internal/external security foot patrols of the building;
- Safeguarding against fire and safety hazards;
- Pedestrian and vehicle access control;
- Reporting incidents to the Shift Supervisor;
- Documenting security infractions;
- Answering the telephone;
- Providing general information and assistance;
- Issuing and receiving keys;
- Conducting routine searches; and
- Performing other related duties as required.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to communicate verbally in English. French is an asset;
- Historically, many of the men and women employed by Commissionaires have served in the Canadian Forces (Regular, Primary Reserves and CIC), RCMP or NATO and Commonwealth nations. We continue to encourage retired Fire Fighters, OPP, Municipality and Provincial Enforcement Officers’, Correctional Services and other qualified Law Enforcement Officers to apply. We also encourage students who are currently enrolled or graduated from related security programs to apply.
- Clear criminal record and able to obtain a Federal Secret Security clearance (min 10 years verifiable history);
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School diploma, good physical health;
- Hold a current Ontario Drivers Licence;
- Hold a current Ontario Security Guard Licence;
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate;
- Computer literate; and
- Willing and able to work irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays).
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.