Offered in: Newfoundland & Labrador
*ONLY AVAILABLE FOR RESIDENTS OF NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR
Security Training Delivered to the Highest Standards.
Commissionaires Newfoundland and Labrador offers a comprehensive online security guard training course taught to Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) federal standards. This level of training exceeds the industry norm and even provincial standards. Our rigorous training standards ensure each participant is prepared to tackle real life security guarding scenarios professionally.
Why Students Should Take this Training.
Commissionaires is the expert when it comes to security guard training. Our online training course trains students to the highest possible standards and prepares them for required testing. By taking this security guard training course, participants will gain practical knowledge that allows them to immediately apply new skills and experience to their roles as security professionals. Our courses are designed to utilize the life experiences of each participant and build on existing skills for advancement across all levels. Our highly-trained instructors will guide individuals through this online program, ensuring the material is well understood and each student has the best chance for success. When we train students, including our own Commissionaires guards, we train to the exacting standards of the Canadian General Standards Board, at no additional cost. We are one of the few organizations who provide this added level of training.
Commissionaires is a qualified provider of security guard training, approved by the CGSB. Our courses are designed to familiarize students with, and qualify them to perform, the roles and responsibilities of a security worker.
Course content will cover topics such as:
- Patrol Function (patrolling)
- Control Procedures (access control, alarm systems)
- Event Security
- Incident Response
- Traffic Control
- Fire Prevention and Response
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
- Bomb Threats, Responses and Searches
- Other Emergency Situations
- Labour Relations
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals seeking employment in the security industry as a security guard, and in related positions;
- Individuals who wish to apply for security licence certification in provinces where that is mandated;
- Those employed by organizations requiring their employees to be security trained;
- Those who wish to add to their skills and become trained in security.
The security guard online training course is 40 hours followed by an exam. Students can be enrolled in the course at anytime. The cost of the online course is $400.00
*There are no refunds
Contact our Clerk
P: 709 754 0757- ext 0