Offered in: Nova Scotia
Commissionaires Nova Scotia is a certified Canadian Red Cross Training Partner and provides two levels of First Aid Training: Emergency First Aid and Standard First Aid – both Level A, C; known as Basic and Intermediate First Aid respectively in Nova Scotia. Courses are taught by certified instructors and contain the latest first aid and CPR guidelines, meeting federal and provincial OHS regulations.
STANDARD FIRST AID & CPR/AED LEVEL A, C
- COST: $150 +tax
- NOTE FOR COMMISSIONAIRES: Serving (and new CSOC) commissionaires are not required to pay for training. Please confirm dates with your supervisor before booking a training session.
- DURATION: 16 hours (over two days), with flexible scheduling options for group bookings
- CERTIFICATION: 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR/AED Level A and C
- DESCRIPTION: Standard First Aid is a comprehensive two-day course offering standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
- COURSE CONTENT: Preparing to respond; the Emergency Medical System; Check, Call, Care; airway emergencies; breathing and circulation emergencies; first aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest; wound care; head and spine injuries; bone, muscle and joint injuries; sudden medical emergencies; environmental emergencies; and poisons.
Why Choose Commissionaires For Your Training?
Our courses are taught by highly trained Red Cross-certified instructors, who use modern adult learning techniques and their wealth of experience to deliver engaging and hands-on courses. With this practical approach, this course will equip you with the skills and confidence needed to act in an emergency.
Our post-course training survey shows that participants agree; some recent feedback from course attendees includes:
“The instructor did an amazing job. They were well prepared, captured the class at all levels and maintained everyone’s focus.”
“One of the best First Aid AED/CPR courses I’ve been on.”
“I have been renewing my first aid every three years for the past 30 years. I learned more in one day with your instructor than I did in all that time.”
We offer courses at a variety of locations across the province for both individual and group registrations. We can even deliver training at your work site!
Customized Training for Groups:
We can design and facilitate training specific to your organization’s needs when and where you need it. Are there certain characteristics of your company or industry that employees should be prepared for? We will work with you to develop custom curriculum to suit your precise requirements. We can deliver the training at your work site or host it at a variety of locations across the province.