Location: 24 Colonnade Road, Ottawa ON
Schedule: Daytime, Monday to Friday
Commissionaires Ottawa is looking for an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) working in our head office in Ottawa.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CIO works closely with the Executive Team & Senior Leadership and is responsible and accountable to lead and manage Commissionaires Ottawa’s Shared Services department. This includes the provision of strategic leadership and guidance for the Information Technology & Telecommunications and the Corporate and Administrative Services.
The CIO contributes to the strategic business objectives of the organization by ensuring that the information technology systems operate at peak performance, and that the clients and business units of Commissionaires Ottawa receive client-focused state of the art support.
The CIO’s prime responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Assessing, planning, and implementing capital projects, designing systems and platforms to enhance data and information management, developing the IT department’s overall strategy, and providing leadership and advisement to the executive, the CS and IT departments; and
- Planning, developing, and delivering a broad continuum of corporate services in the areas of risk management, fleet and infrastructure management, and administrative services.
As the Company Security Officer, the CIO is responsible for ensuring the policy, infrastructure and resources are in place to attain and maintain corporate security certifications (e.g., CISD, Controlled Goods) and external accreditations (ISO certification).
Additionally, the CIO focuses on developing and implementing technology oriented best practices across the organization the internal processes, procedures, and information management.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: The CIO leads in developing and administering a comprehensive technology plan in support of the company’s objectives in order to move computer systems and technologies forward to ensure success. The incumbent directs and advises the executive team on best practices as it relates to their area of responsibility.
- MANAGEMENT: The CIO is responsible for budget preparation, contract development, and negotiations. The CIO analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility of complex computer systems including: servers, printers, and software applications. The CIO provides direction for all information technology related issues including privacy, access, and security as well as ensures legal compliance with all legislation and regulations.
- HUMAN CAPITAL: The CIO supervises the activities and evaluates the performance of assigned staff. This includes providing direction, support, and professional development opportunities to staff while promoting a culture of quality customer service, collaboration, and accountability.
- PROFESSIONALISM AND CULTURE: The CIO will demonstrate professionalism, provide quality customer service, and aids in maintaining a positive culture in accordance with Commissionaires values. This includes maintaining positive working relationships, confidentiality, positive communication, accurate records, and an organized and safe working environment. Additionally, it includes exhibiting flexibility, a willingness to learn, ability to change, and maintenance of current technology skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Employer paid professional development
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Generous paid time off, holidays and sick days
- Retirement plans with company matching of employee contributions
- Employee discount programs, social outings and holiday gatherings
You’re a good fit if you have…
- Proficiency in establishing IT services framework and IT security policies
- Knowledge of operation, production capacity, and applications of computer related equipment
- Highly analytical and able to solve problems in complex systems
- Ability to communicate effectively within a diverse group, including presentation skills
- Ability to establish partnerships with service providers and vendors
- Understanding of the training and development necessary within an IT team
- Strong troubleshooting skills to objectively work through system issues
- Ability to set goals and objectives, as well as financial accountability for projects
- Have a strong foundation in data management and computer systems, including hardware and software
- Have a deep understanding of information technology systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of quality programs and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other relevant disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role at the executive management level
- Experience analyzing the cost, value, and risk of information technology systems
- Experience in people management, project management and budget management
- Experience with procurement, implementation and support of highly integrated Enterprise Resource planning systems
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
If we’re the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to [email protected] today!
Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.