Newfoundland & Labrador
August 12, 2022
Casual As Needed
Commissionaires NL are looking for serious candidates for security work in the St. John’s and surrounding area who preferably possess a background in the Canadian Armed Forces, Policing, Corrections or other uniformed services. Commissionaires will also recognize other professional backgrounds in the candidate pool.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
While duties vary by assignment, the responsibilities of this role may include but not limited to:
- Protecting people, property and information.
- Conducting on-foot perimeter patrols (interior and exterior)
- Monitoring camera systems
- Ensuring the Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality policies, systems and practices of CNL and our clients.
- Respecting CNL policies, work instructions and Site Manager’s directions
- Other functions may include patrolling, reception/administration, reporting and access control.
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be aged 19 or older
- Be professional, reliable and recognize the proper chain of command
- Have a clear criminal record check
- Submit a comprehensive resume with your application
- Be required to complete First Aid at the Emergency Level (1 Day)
- Be able to complete a Government of Canada Reliability screening through Commissionaires
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Physical fitness with ability to:
- Climb multiple flights of stairs with ease
- Navigate uneven terrain during foot patrols (in all weather conditions)
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy, and/or an aptitude to learn is an asset
Working Hours: 8 or 12-hour shifts, various hours/days of the week. Must be able to work days evenings, nights and weekends.
READY TO JOIN US?
This position is open to external and internal applicants.
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from equity seeking communities to self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.