Offered in: Newfoundland & Labrador
Commissionaires’ NL provides 24/7 security services to the St. John’s Port Authority. The St. John’s Port Authority is Newfoundland and Labrador’s primary container terminal. The port services Newfoundland’s offshore oil & fishing industry’s, cruise ship industry, marine maintenance and repair.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities in this security-related role may include, but are not limited to:
- The security and safety of people, property, and information at the St. John’s Port Authority
- Access control
- Exterior patrols in all weather conditions
- Security system monitoring including camera systems and alarm response
- Reporting writing
- Emergency management
- Radio use
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional, reliable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to obtain a clear police conduct and security clearance through Transport Canada
- Be able to complete Commissionaire security officer course
- Be able to complete extended foot patrols
- First aid
- Basic computer skills
- Driver’s license
- Fully vaccinated
- Full availability
- Previous experience in law enforcement an asset
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Physical fitness with ability to:
- Navigate uneven terrain during foot patrols (in all weather conditions)
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy, and/or an aptitude to learn is an asset
READY TO JOIN US?
This position is open to external and internal applicants.
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from equity seeking communities to self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Hours of Work
We are currently hiring for the upcoming Cruise ship season and summer relief. These positions will be casual call in.
Posting Date 2022-04-21
Closing Date 2022-05-05