Newfoundland & Labrador
June 7, 2023
8-12 hour shifts
Commissionaires NL provides Security Services Wabush Airport. We are looking for security guards to accompany contract workers while they work in restricted areas over the summer.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accompany contract workers while they work in restricted areas.
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional & Reliable
- Police Certificate of Conduct & Transport Canada Clearance
- First Aid Emergency Level (1 Day)
- Must have a valid class five drivers’ license
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Physical fitness with ability to:
- Navigate uneven terrain during foot patrols (in all weather conditions)
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
READY TO JOIN US?
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.