Location: 24 Colonnade Road, Ottawa ON
Schedule: Daytime, Monday to Friday
Salary: $70,000 / Year
Professional Paralegal Looking for a Positive Change?
Are you a respected Employment and Labour Law Paralegal looking for:
- A stimulating and challenging position in an established and vibrant organization?
- One where your hard work, contributions are truly valued and you feel appreciated?
- An opportunity to thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment where your skills and expertise make a positive influence?
If you answered YES to these questions, Commissionaires can offer you what you are looking for!
Commissionaires is a multi award recipient of business excellence for years and has been a pillar in the National Capital Region for decades. We are the industry leaders in front line security solutions, providing protection and security, primarily to our esteemed Government clients. You are the dedicated Employment and Labour Law Paralegal professional that we are looking for to complement our organization in utilizing your hard earned expertise in conducting research, assisting with and organize case files for cases involving labor disputes, terminations, discrimination, health and safety issues, or workers compensation. With your excellent communication skills, you will draft legal correspondence and assist with the preparation of legal briefs and documents, interview employees or witnesses and collects information from third parties as required. Additionally, your strong analytical skills will support you in conducting due diligence research and monitor provincial employment law developments that impact organizational policy, prepare non-financial regulatory compliance filings and conduct data analysis in support of Management and business needs. Ideally, you would have familiarity working with the HRTO, WSIB, MOL and arbitration and collective bargaining procedures.
You are able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma or Certificate in a relevant area of study and holding a designation such as CHRP or relevant legal designation (lawyer or paralegal). A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum three years of experience in HR compliance/case management
- Minimum three years of experience in employment and labour field
- Minimum three years of recent labour/employment law experience
- Knowledge of industry trends, developments, and employment-related laws in Ontario and Quebec
- Knowledge of basic statistical math with the ability to create mathematical formulas within Microsoft Excel or other systems to support data analysis
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret level Clearance
- Bilingual mandatory
- Some travel required
Commissionaires values and supports its employees, and is an employer of choice in many ways! We are proud to be one of the largest employers of the private sector in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, offering competitive salaries, paid professional development, comprehensive total compensation package, generous paid time off, RRSP plan employee discount programs and social events.
If you feel that you are the Employment and Labour Law Paralegal that we are looking for, and Commissionaires is offering what you are looking for, and you are prepared to take that leap into the next rewarding chapter of your career, we would love to hear from you – just send us your resume! We can’t wait for you to be a part of our team – you deserve to be here!
If we’re the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to [email protected] today!
Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.