Offered in: British Columbia Mainland ‧ Hamilton ‧ Kingston & Region ‧ North Saskatchewan ‧ Northern Alberta, NWT & Nunavut ‧ Nova Scotia ‧ Quebec ‧ Victoria, the Islands and Yukon
Our team of trained professionals provide 24-hour real-time monitoring of your security cameras. CCTV Operators can trigger a light, siren, or speak directly to an intruder via audio broadcast. If required, we’ll dispatch a mobile response team and coordinate action with emergency services (police, fire, paramedics).
Improved safety and security of your people and property:
- Building interior and/or exterior
- Vehicle compounds and parking lots
- Construction sites and equipment
- GPS tracking of your assets
In some service areas, Commissionaires offers:
- Monitoring of existing networked recorders
- CCTV System Design & Installation
- Customized & Scheduled Live Video Monitoring
- 24-Hour Live Video Response
- Employee Escorts (keeping eyes on your staff arriving and departing premises)
- Video Guard Tour (scheduled or random checks of all your CCTV cameras)
- Talk-Down Services (pre-recorded or live operator one-way audio messages)
- Trigger a relay (lights, sirens, gates, doors)
It is estimated that less than 10% of all video cameras are being monitored in real-time. Cameras only record once an event has already triggered a sensor, leaving no opportunity to stop the negative event in its tracks. Live video monitoring is proactive and deters crime at the perimeter before it happens.
If Commissionaires identify a risk to your site, we react immediately and can:
- Communicate directly to the location, sending audio warnings via loudspeaker
- Dispatch our mobile guards or contact police services
- Contact you (or the keyholder, depending on your security instructions)
Nine times out of ten the loudspeaker warning is enough to drive the intruders away and stop crime before it takes place. As our professional security staff is watching and reporting on live footage, emergency services will react immediately to investigate the issue. In comparison, in case of an emergency situation without any visual verification, the incident may be deprioritized, leading to longer response times and an increased potential for damage or theft. Commissionaires can monitor most existing networked recorders or design and install a new CCTV system for you.