Enjoy the rewards of working with Commissionaires. Work alongside experienced people in diverse and interesting job opportunities.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug, and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Paid personal time off, in addition to vacation leave
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
The Security Professional is responsible to protect “People, Property, and Information” of all our clients. They report to Site Supervisors and perform Site Security, Access Control, COVID Adherence, and other duties assigned by the client. This assignment is scheduled for 10-weeks. Other assignments are available on completion of this detail.
Start Date: June 25, 2021
End Date: September 5, 2021 at 12:00(midnight)
Duties & Responsibilities
While duties vary by assignment, the duties and responsibilities in this security-related role may include, but are not limited to:
- Foot and vehicle patrols of the campground and some high/medium use areas
- Be attentive to Public Safety concerns, vandalism, illegal campers
- Monitor campground entrances gate, campsites for disturbances and noise-related incidents
- Report serious violations of Park Rules to the Park Warden
- Document all violations in the nightly report log
- Public Relations by representing Parks Canada, the Government of Canada and Commissionaires Nova Scotia
- Public Assistance – provide park information to visitors
- Ensuring the health and safety of self and others
- Adherence to CNS’ health, safety, environmental and quality policies and systems and practices
- Functions include patrolling, reception and administration, reporting, emergency management
- Ensure all COVID protocols are in place and maintained
- Other duties assigned by the Park Warden and/or the CNS Cape Breton District Manager
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance
- 19+ years old
- This requires the incumbent to be fluent in both official languages, French and English
Motivation is critical to our selection process – please consider this as you present your application.
Qualifications & Skills
The incumbent must possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Professional in Appearance and Deportment
- Mental alertness: the ability to react calmly, quickly, and appropriately in a crisis, the ability to concentrate and remain alert, a good memory and ability to communicate observed characteristics/behaviours, and demonstrated sound judgement and problem-solving ability
- Physical fitness: the ability to navigate uneven terrain to conduct foot patrols in all weather conditions, good dexterity and balance, good vision and hearing, and superior attention to detail, including the ability to hear, observe, or smell changes to the work environment
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment as well as working on your own
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Situational awareness with sound observation skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize, and adapt to change
- Ability and willingness to successfully obtain a first-aid certificate
- Ability and willingness to complete CNS’ Security Officer Course
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
Although not required to apply, the following attributes are considered assets:
- Veterans of the Canadian Forces or RCMP
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
READY TO JOIN US?
Please apply to this competition by submitting your cover letter and resume, in a single document, to email@example.com.
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021-05-17
Current CNS employees are requested to include employee ID number and the competition number in the submission document to ensure your application receives proper consideration.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to apply for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company: for more than 90 years, we've protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 21,000 people nationally.
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent, not-for-profit member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia who wants to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve the government and private sector in a wide range of roles and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia.