Enjoy the rewards of working with Commissionaires. Work alongside experienced people in diverse and interesting job opportunities.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug, and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- One week paid time off, in addition to vacation pay
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Position: Parking and Curbside Services (multiple positions)
Competition Number: CNS 2021-11-04
Location: Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Working Hours: 12 & 8-hour shift rotation (40 hours per week)
Earning Rate: Wages start at $18.00/hr
Reporting to: Parking and Curbside Services Manager
Date Posted: November 7, 2021
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
Parking and Curbside Services' primary responsibilities are the overall daily operations of all groundside parking areas including the parkade, terminal exterior, remote parking lots and staff employee lots. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monitoring of the parking access and revenue control systems and related parking cameras, the operation of the parking lot shuttles, the provision of cashiers as well as license plate identification collection.
Providing exceptional Customer Service is the primary focus of the Parking and Curbside Services Team. Commissionaires are expected to respond to questions from the public regarding transportation options, assist persons with disabilities and retrieve and stage the baggage carts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
While roles may vary, the duties and responsibilities in these Customer Service roles include but are not limited to:
Curbside Services Attendant
- Monitor traffic flow on the pick-up/drop-off areas
- Guide and direct members of the public to established pick-up/drop-off areas
- Assist persons with disabilities in accordance with Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations. This includes, for example, helping the passenger with their baggage, providing a wheelchair if needed, and lifting the passenger into or out of a wheelchair
Remote Parking Shuttle Bus Operator
- Provide safe and efficient operation of the shuttle buses in accordance with all Provincial, Municipal and Airport traffic regulations
- Deliver exceptional customer service to passengers by anticipating their needs and displaying a pleasant demeanour
- Assist passengers with baggage handling
Parking Lot Cashier
- Collect revenue from the public from all parking areas
- Monitor the employee parking lot using cameras and patrols
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to questions from the public as well as employees on parking issues
Ground Transportation Inspector
- Monitor and enforce the Airport Car Service Licence (ACS) Agreement with all ASC Operators and Drivers
- Provide an exceptionally high level of customer service to all internal and external customers
- Provide directions and respond to question from the general public
Customer Service Security Monitor (CSSM)
- Monitor and enforce all safety regulations and procedures
- Monitor and react to Airport Pay Terminals and all parking lot activities through security cameras, (CCTV) physical rounds or as reported by the other staff or the general public
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to areas requiring assistance
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
The focus of Parking and Curbside Services is primarily Customer Service. All candidates will be assessed on their customer service background and experience. Training requirements and pay rates will be dependent on the role assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Must be eligible for a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Must be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
- Physical ability to assist People with Disabilities in accordance with Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations.
- High standards of dress and deportment
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Shuttle Bus Operators only:
- Nova Scotia Class 4 license
- Clean Drivers Abstract
Although not required for employment, the following qualifications are considered an asset:
- Bilingualism, English and French
- Military or RCMP experience
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport experience in any capacity
READY TO JOIN US?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you may drop off/mail your resume and cover letter to:
Commissionaires Nova Scotia
229 Damascus Road
Bedford, NS B4A 0C2
Commissionaires Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to apply for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security provider: for more than 90 years, we have protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 22,000 people nationally.
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent member of the federation that provides meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others who want to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve the government and the private sector in a wide range of roles.