Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s best employers in 2020, Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
Offering Industry leading pay and benefits, we are seeking an experienced scheduler to assist our team with coverage on vacation and sick leaves and other additional needs that may arise. This position has the potential to become full time in the future and an ability to work days, nights and weekends is considered a strong asset for this role.
The Resource Specialist (RS) plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Division in regards to hourly staff planning, scheduling, deployment, time and attendance, incident reporting and communications. The RS functions are essential to successful service delivery to the Divisions’ customers and for the timely and accurate flow of information to cross-functional departments such as Finance and Contracts.
- Efficiently and accurately coordinate the scheduling and deployment of security guards, mobile drivers and other Divisional resources
- Act as a point of escalation, communication hub and reporting mechanism for all incidents affecting the Division’s operations
- Maximize the efficient scheduling and deployment of labour across all contracts in accordance with provincial labour laws and company policies.
- Provide superior customer care and service support to both internal and external customers
Duties and Tasks
- Plan, manage and troubleshoot all scheduling activity for their assigned portfolio of hours for both permanent and ad-hoc guard service requests.
- Actively manage shift fulfillment and other plotting activities to ensure fulfillment with qualified staff
- Manage within Divisional targets for cost control in areas such as overtime and other non-billable hours
- Monitor and action all scheduling-related requests such as time off requests, leave of absences, and all other forms of leave while ensuring suitable replacement coverage
- Work closely with Payroll and Billing team to ensure the timely and accurate processing of staff payroll and client invoicing
- Oversee all aspects of quality, health, safety and environmental programs to maintain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as internal and external business requirements
- Liaise, support, influence, coach and mentor all employees including field level staff toward the strengthening of a balanced and effective safety culture,
- Work with Regional Managers, Client Service Managers, Field and Site Supervisors and other staff to ensure a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma, preferably post-secondary education (college or university)
- 5-7 years’ experience in a call centre environment
- 5-7 years’ experience with labour planning, scheduling, dispatch and communications
Knowledge / Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of provincial employment standards around hours of work and overtime.
- Previous security industry experience would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills with advanced data entry experience
- Previous experience with a time and attendance management tool
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite
Skills/ Attributes Requirements
- Display good decision making, problem solving and communication skills
- Must be well organized, methodical, and proficient in administration practices
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and be able to work alongside other departments
- Must be self-motivated, strong desire for continuous improvement with strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities and working within defined timelines
- Must be cognizant of and capable working with confidential information
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shift lengths and schedule rotations including evening, overnight and weekend work
- Rotational shift work
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included, which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.