Commissionaires NB&PEI Division are looking to hire a mature and responsible team member for Part time hours at a government facility in Fredericton NB.
Linguistic Profile: Bilingualism (French and English) is required
The Security Officer is responsible to enforce established rules and regulations to ensure the protection of people, property and information at the Fredericton Courthouse and assists in monitoring public attendance and access control when court is in session.
We are seeking candidates with:
- excellent communication skills
- a positive, proactive, problem solving approach to tasks
- a high level of physical fitness: must be able to complete the PARE test (or have successfully completed it within the past year)
- completion of a Police Foundations program from a recognized college is considered an asset
The successful candidate must be able to:
- communicate effectively in both official languages
- demonstrate sound judgement in addressing conflict situations
- react quickly and appropriately in shifting situations
- have the flexibility to work a part-time position (weekdays)
- obtain all necessary security clearances
- successfully complete (or have recently completed) Use of Force training
Designated Veteran status is considered an asset.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete our on-line application form.
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.