Calgary Regional Manager
Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s best employers in 2020, Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are currently seeking an action and results oriented leader to join our team as our Calgary Regional Manager. You will be responsible for the safe, effective and efficient service delivery to the organization’s customers in the region. You will direct, lead and manage a team of support personnel, supervisors and Commissionaires to provide excellent service and help the Division achieve its organizational and financial goals.
You are an experienced Manager and active member of the community with superior communication skills and a proven ability to coach and mentor your team. You excel in customer relationship building and bring several years of industry and leadership experience to this role.
- The safety and well-being of all staff assigned to and working in the region
- Ensure safe, predictable, effective and efficient delivery of client services
- Achieving the region’s gross revenue, margin and surplus targets
- Providing leadership, direction and general management to the members of the Calgary region teams including selection, coaching, mentoring, development and performance management of key staff in the region
- Collaborate with the COO to ensure that the business and operations of the region are aligned with the Division’s mandate and strategy.
- Minimum ten (10) years operations management experience in a dynamic industry with preference given to experience in a service related industry.
- Proven and demonstrable ability to build customer relationships and partnerships
- Experience with managing and being accountable for Profit and Loss Statements
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with other department heads to help achieve overall corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop lead and manage a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a demonstrated ability to meet hard deadlines.
Education and Professional Requirements
- Minimum level of Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent education combined with practical experience
- A professional designation in operations management or similar field
- A Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation or other professional security designation with related industry experience is considered an asset.
- Ten (10) plus years of operations management experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Security Management field (preferred) or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Active member of the community (preferred)
- Former Military/RCMP experience (Strong Asset)
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.